Friday, May 23, 2008

Ipoh Food



Ipoh - "Factory of pretty girls" among Malaysians; which include Datin Michelle Yeoh.


(& also handsome guys if you consider me as one.. *Vomit..*)




Photo : National State Flag


Photo: Map of West Malaysia. Ipoh is the Town of Perak

My grandparents and most of my relatives were brought up in Ipoh, Perak(Silver) W.Malaysia. However, I was not brought up over there and only stayed there for less than 2 years out of 23 years. Anyway, I still love my Kampung very much..

There are several reason why I love my kampung. Firstly, my papa and mama were brought up in Ipoh, found love in Ipoh, married in Ipoh and also gave birth to Me in Ipoh.. I remembered that I was borne in Fatimah Hospital, Ipoh Perak.

For more information on Ipoh, please go to this link.. Ipoh Vacation
This is the best website I ever found that give you lotz of exciting information on Ipoh..
Not only that, you can get lotz of tips about travelling to some famous places like; Perak caves, Tambun Sunway Lagoon, Limestone caves, etc.. Meanwhile, you can also print a Road map of Ipoh!!! Believe me, the map does help alot while I was at Ipoh Jan 08..

Before I proceed to talk about Ipoh Food, I would like to apologize for those Muslim readers.. As some of the food displayed might be Non-Halal.. So, read it at your own risk!! hehehe.... Oh ya, I should also tell you that.. In terms of Chinese food, Ipoh is 2nd after HongKong!!! Not bad right, being 2nd.. & Ipoh people are very conscious about their food.. If the foodstall taste bad, it will sure bankrupt in less than a week!! Furthermore, the food serve must not only be delicious, but cheap!!! Hereby, it was also stated on 'Ipoh Vacation' that people from all over the states would visit Ipoh just.. just to taste a bowl of 'Tau Hu Hua' or Cotton beancurd which cost less than Rm2.. I taste it twice in a row.. And its so SO GOOD...

Firstly.. Ipoh is well-known for its...


Bean-Sprout And Steam Chicken with its Balls and flavored soup.. Unfortunately, I didnt have a chance to taste such dishes.. Because the shop was so famous and very 'King's Daughter Like' attitude.. meaning, it only operate at certain time!! On rainy days, its close.. i was so dissapointed.. But anywez I did manage to visit Ipoh Biggest Market and saw the production of Bean-Sprout which many of you haven't seen..




Photo : Bean Sprout & Steam Chicken with Balls.. Credit: Ipoh-Malaysia Vacation.com

Oh ya, I dont really like to eat Chicken.. So, it didn't hurt much for not being able to eat it.. hehe~ I'm just hurt not able to try the Bean Sprout!!! I loves Veges and you can ask Rawi~ !!

Photo: Production of Beansprout, Ipoh @ Aywen Jan 08

Photo: Production of Beansprout prt 2, Ipoh @ Aywen Jan 08


Secondly, Ipoh is Famous for its Dried Biscuit, which is also known as 'Heong Pian' - Nice Aromatic Biscuit & also 'Lou Po Pian' - Wife's Biscuit and now, got a new version 'Lou Kong Pian' - Husband's Biscuit.. Unfortunate, I didn't have any photo of it.. The Heong Pian is differen from elsewhere I tried.. One Bite will make you addicted, if your're a biscuit lover!! Not only that, Ipoh is famous for its 'White Coffee' and for Dimsum, you better go to Foh San Restaurant le (Highly recommended by Ipoh People)!! Just to let you know, their Dim Sum are hand-made recipe and not from the fridge!!

Photo: Dim Sum of my choice @ Aywen Jan 08

For Tau fu Hua, Go to 'Funny Mountain Stall' ~ People often used to say that.. If you like to eat 'Tau Fu Hua', ur skin will resemble it.. Smooth and serenity!! Good for girls..

Photo: Tau Fu Hua of Funny Mountain @ Aywen Jan 08



Meanwhile, here are some of the Best dishes and food that you can find in IPOH..



Photo: Market's Kueh @ Aywen Jan 08

Photo: Watan Ho (Delicious and really smooth) @Aywen Jan 08

Photo: Chee Cheong Fun (Street's Version) - You can't find this version here in Brunei @Aywen Jan 08


Photo: Good thing is that... All this famous and well reputation restaurant are just within 1sq km!! @ Aywen, Jan 08

These were the food I tried out during my one and a half day in Ipoh before I headed on to KL!!! In fact, there're lotz of good food that I didn't manage to try it out.. This include the Pamelo or the Sweetest Limau Bali on Earth!!


Additional: Kuala Lumpur food ~


Firstly, I tried out the 'Chi Pao Kai' (-Paper Wrapped Chicken) with my aunt and uncle and it was SO delicious!!! I bet RAWI would love it esp. the thick enriched sauce!! Unfortunately, Im out of battery so couldn't take a photo of it.. Then, I had 'Bak Kut teh' (Herbal Ribs soup) for dinner. Supper time, I had 'Seafood' Satay or we called it 'Luk luk' (- Boil boil) which you hardly heard about it in Brunei!!

Photo: Luk luk @ Aywen Jan 08

The next morning, I tried out the Popiah and believe me.. This is the Best Popiah I ever had before and you couldn't find it in Brunei of course!!! So crunchy and delicious... & the last meal I had before going back to Brunei is 'Yu Tau Mai' (- Fish Head Mee Hoon).. This meal was so popular that we (my uncles and aunties and I) had to wait for 2 hours... 30 minutes for the seating and another 1hour for waiting.. and 30minutes to consume!! Anywez, it delicious also.. At least, I wont regret waiting!!!

Photo: Best Popiah @ Aywen Jan 08


Photo: Yu Tau Mai @ Aywen Jan 08


Photo: Happily eating.. @ Aywen Jan 08

--Thank you for reading--

No comments: